What is Southampton Parent Carer Forum? (SotonPCF)
Southampton Parent Carer Forum is for you: the parent carer of a child with an additional or special need and or disability, to voice your opinion on what you would like for your child.
- SotonPCF will help you to find the service or support you need.
- SotonPCF is run by parents for parents. We know how frustrating all of this can be!
- We are part of the voluntary sector and supported by the Local authority and the Department of Education, so have a valid voice, and one that is listened to.
- Will keep you up to date with SEND information, and how we can change things for the better!
What we do, and how you can benefit from participating.
SotonPCF aims to support parent carers to participate, and have a voice in how services for disabled and special needs children are shaped and delivered locally. As a member of the Forum, we may ask you to fill out an occasional survey, or take a poll or vote for a change to a service. As a member of the Steering Group, you could become involved in attending meetings, support us in holding local events, come into schools, and be a Forum champion, either way you will be at the forefront of the changes whilst they are happening. You can give as much or as little time as you want to, we are all parent carers of special needs children too, and appreciate how hectic life can be. But together, we can make changes…
How we do it
- Provide newsletters to keep you updated and informed about current developments and activities.
- Provide a Facebook Page
- Provide a Twitter Page
- Provide a website
- Provide a central number
- Provide regular coffee mornings/evenings.
- Recruit and provide training for parent/carers who wish to become more involved in the Forum
Contact us now, we value your call. We are here for you and your family. We have a part time co-ordinator who will reply to your calls and queries as quickly as possible.
Phone: 07410 411344
Go to our Facebook page: @southamptonparentcarerforum/
Check out our Twitter: @sotonpcf
Would you like to help?
If you have a spare few hours and would like to help, please get in touch.